3.7gamma2 candidate basic image

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Sun Aug 29 09:44:30 UTC 2004

Am 28.08.2004 um 17:25 schrieb Lic. Edgar J. De Cleene:

> Marcus, Steff:
> Very nice .
> Gentle Introduction to Smalltalk is a beautiful add, but we lost any
> beginner info about Games.

Yes, I did see this, and then decided to just stick the intro there.
The games
are easily availabe via the Objects Tool.

<Links>

You could put an a huge amout of time into improving that stuff that is
in the image.
(I personaly thing it needs to be completely redone)

But:
We should  release 3.7 *as soon as possible* and not spend now weeks
on the full image. That needs to be done while there is time, not when
there
is no time.

> And a couple of bad news.
> I add the atached walkback , caused by exploring Squeak.

> Click on email reader don't work. Celeste and Scamper icons missing of
> Flap
> Tools

The package maintainer of the mail reader adviced to inlcude it just
like that. How is it
not working? It does not show any mail, but I think this is because you
need to configure it.

Flaps: Tools are supposed to register themselves. If that not works,
it's either a non-showstopper bug
in the image or a bug in the package, both we can't do anything about
right now.

attached debug-log: Is there a way to reproduce the bug? Does it happen
often? Is it a complete show-stopping
kind of bug?

     Marcus