Trait 1.1 and Basic 3.7 gamma2

Adrian Lienhard adi at netstyle.ch
Mon Aug 30 15:01:36 UTC 2004

Hi PhiHo,

UndefinedObject(Object)>>doesNotUnderstand: #methodsFor:stamp:

> 	Receiver: nil
> 	Arguments and temporary variables:
> 		aMessage: 	methodsFor: '*TraitsMonticelloPreload'
> 		stamp: 'al 3/30/2004 11:37'
> 	Receiver's instance variables: Nil
> "

yes, unfortunately that has become a common error: You need Monticello
installed.

> 	The release notes says "updated to make it load in image
> 	3.7b-5967. Gamma2 is at latest update #5987.

any 3.7 image should work.

> 	Did anyone successfully install Traits 1.1 beta (r2)
> 	into Basic image gamma 2 on Windows platform?

as I developed it, I tested it several times of course ;-). Although
not on windows. But that should not be a problem.

> 	Do I need to load Monticello first ?

yes (as it says in the SqueakMap description)

> 	When I tried to load Monticello 123, it was warned that
> 	Monticello 123 is not compatible with 3.7.

why don't you try the newest Monticello version (183)? I can't say if
123 works. Probably that's the problem!

> 	The warning was ignored and Monticello 123 was installed,
> 	then Traits 1.1 was again loaded.
>
> 	1576 classes were recompiled.
> 	Same results, same error, no go.
>
> 	Would someone please tell me how to install Traits.

Despite from not loading the prerequisite Monticello package another
problem has occurred to somebody: When OmniBrowser already was
installed in the image Traits could not be loaded properly. Apart from
that I don't know about any problems loading or working with Traits.

Please let me know if it does not work for you with the newest
Monticello version!

Cheers,
Adrian