[FIX] TextMorphSelectionFix-rr ([sm][cd] new version)

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Mon Aug 30 16:51:25 UTC 2004

Scott's analysis here sounds accurate.  Text-handling applications
(such as Apple Mail) on Mac OS X do show multiple text selections in
different windows, but the non-active selections are a dull/gray color.
  I thought this was also true of Windows apps lately but I don't have a
machine handy to test right now.

One nice side effect of the new behavior is that if you have a debugger
up and you happen to move the mouse out of the debugger text pane, the
current pc range selection is still shown. (it used to *really* annoy
me that it disappeared and you'd have to move the mouse back in to see
it, or hit "Where")  This means that we should be able to get rid of
the "Where" button/menu item in the debugger now.

Moving the behavior from TextMorph down to TextMorphWithEditView sounds
like a reasonable solution to me too.

Is it okay if you change this in Squeakland, but we make the change in
3.8alpha and not 3.7 (which is going final now)?

- Doug