Trait 1.1 and Basic 3.7 gamma2

SmallSqueak smallsqueak at rogers.com
Mon Aug 30 21:57:36 UTC 2004

Hi Adrian,

[SNIP]

> > When I tried to load Monticello 123, it was warned that
> > Monticello 123 is not compatible with 3.7.
>
> why don't you try the newest Monticello version (183)? I can't say if
> 123 works. Probably that's the problem!

    Last night when I tried, the latest version of Monticello from SM
    appeared to be 123.

    Now, there are a lot more above 123.
    Maybe a problem with my cache.

    Now after 1686 classes were recompiled.

    Hooray, it works. The reward was Readme.

    Some initial observation (size in bytes)

        Squeak3.7gamma2.changes        17,479,171
        Squeak3.7gamma2.image           10,052,352

        (with Monticello)
        Traited.changes                          17,479,262
        Traited.image                             12,307,456

    It seems that this version of Monticello is much
    faster than an older version.

    Very little changes ? (17,479,171 -> 17,479,262)

    What's the differences between ImageBrowser and
    TraitsBrowser ?

    FileBrowser encountered an error :

        Error: Fully qualified path expected

    (Please see attached log)

    BTW, does Traits need Morphic and 3.7 ?

    Can I load Traits into a shrinked (MVC) image ?

    Do you have a tutorial for using Traits in Squeak ?

    Thanks for giving me more incentives to learn Squeak.

    Cheers,

    PhiHo.