Bug with SqueakMap

Damien Cassou damien.cassou at laposte.net
Tue Aug 31 12:59:03 UTC 2004

goran.krampe at bluefish.se a écrit :
> Hi!
>
> Don't have time to write much, but this is a known problem with Linux
> 2.6.
> Try starting the VM with "-memory 40m".

"Status of the 3.7 VM for debian and bug with sm" is a thread where
David T.Lewis already tell me about this solution. I have tested but it
doesn't work. Here is his last message :
"The original problem seemed to be related to loading image segments, so
I had suggested running with "-memory 40m" to restrict memory ranges.
This apparently got us by the original problem, but now Damien is seeing
a problem (unrelated???) that looked to me like it might be due to
Squeak trying to read a startup script file with binary data in it. No
joy, and I'm out of ideas."

This idea seems not to be applyable to me.

 > This has been discussed on the list, check the archives. It has nothing
 > to do with SM, it is a bug with the imagesegment loading.

Is it a bug with VM or with my kernel ? Does somebody try to fix this ?