Can't install MySQL driver

Dan Winkler heydan at post.harvard.edu
Tue Aug 31 15:05:27 UTC 2004

Thanks for the info, Michael.

So if I want to use MySQL, I'll have to go back to an older image than
3.7gamma, right?  Do you happen to know which image would be preferred?

And if I want to use a serious relational database with the current
image it would have to be PostgreSQL, right?

Which of these approaches do most people use when they want to use a
database with Squeak?  Or do people use databases with Squeak?

More particularly, I'm interested in what database solution people use
with Seaside since databases are so useful for so many types of web
applications.  I know I could consider some kind of object oriented
database like GOODS, but that seems to offer only persistence, not the
automatic indexing and fast searching on any part of the data that SQL
databases can do.