[ANN] eCompletion - code completion inspired by eclipse

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Wed Dec 1 00:12:35 UTC 2004

Ruben Bakker <ruben_bakker at mac.com> wrote:

> How important is MVC for an extension as eCompletion? It worth the
> effort, or is something that is passing away slowly?
It would be perfectly ok with me for MVC to fade away (since it is
pretty much abandoned anyway we don't have much choice) and be
replaced. Of course it would be nice if the thing that replaced
performed as rapidly as MVC does on slower machines like mine. I know
that morphic does a lot more - or more corectly _can_ do a lot more -
but it annoys me on a pretty regular basis that so much seems
reeeeeaaaaallllyyyy ssssslllllloooooowwwwww. Drop into an MVC project
and menu zing, typing is fast etc. Or at least it was until fairly
recently when something seemed to slow down even MVC.

I realise I probably ought to be the one doing profiling but there's
this slight problem of already too much to do combined with little
knowledge of morphic as opposed to the lowlevel system.

tim
Strange OpCodes: GME: Generate Meaningless Error