When can we have SqueakMpa package version aware...

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Wed Dec 1 10:32:25 UTC 2004

Goran

I think that SM is cool and REALLLLLLLLY IMPORTANT for all of us and it
is a success for the end-user
so please please keep your energy for that! (I mean focus and release a
new version the user interface also to publish package is not really
sexy for new comers, the replication could be better).

We need a good dependency/configmap mechanism. I'm not good there so I
will never ever think
that I can do something in that area. You had a vision and you know
what you want so please
do it.

What I want to say is that I appreciate your ideas for languages but I
appreciate much much more
your tool since everybody in squeak is using them, so please do not get
trap in the language featuristic.
We need SM2 we need a good package mechanisms and all the rest is much
much minor compared to that.

And believe us we will do it so that we get the best that we know. But
for SM you are the expert and
we are waiting for SM2 :)))) YES really.

Stef