st.cs.uiuc.edu is down, please read

Bruce ONeel edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Dec 1 09:01:57 UTC 2004

Hi,

Um, it seems that st.cs.uiuc.edu had way too much thanksgiving
day turkey and is now down.  The good news here is that
I get about 2 emails a day asking how to download squeak
since st.cs.uiuc.edu is down.  That's not too bad.

Could someone (close by) walk down the hall and give it
some care so that it is running again?  Thanks!

Second, even when st.cs.uiuc.edu is up, we are just about out
of disk space.

I have an offer from John Klos at ziaspace.com to use one
of his systems to host Squeak.  Basically bandwidth is free for
him when it's an open source project.  We could put the main
archive there, or, we could put a mirror there.

If we don't move the main archive we need very soon (like
now) to get a bigger disk.  We have in the nighborhood of 50meg
free but each image/changes package is 10 meg.

Maybe the Univ of BE guys could host the main archive?

Thanks,

cheers

bruce