3.6-3 VM on Sparc NetBSD 1.6.2

Bruce O'Neel edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org
Wed Dec 1 23:09:10 UTC 2004

Hi,

Thanks, that was basically it.

The magic change was to change platforms/unix/vm/sqPlatformSpecific.h
so that

typedef off_t squeakFileOffsetType

became

typedef long squeakFileOffsetType;

It seems that putting an off_t inside a structure will cause a failure
even when you do something like

file->fileSize = 0;

with this compiler/processor/os combo.

That, to be honest, sounds like a bug, but what do I know.

With this small change I'm a happy camper since now all the diverse
systems (x86, PPC, SPARC, and m68k) all run 3.6-3 happily.

Thanks again!

cheers

bruce

edoneel at sdf.lonestar.org