"A Word of Caution" to all newcomers

Ryan Zerby tahognome at gmail.com
Thu Dec 2 17:15:47 UTC 2004

I think squeak shouldn't look like windows.   Windows is pointed at
the corproate market,
in general. It's interface is rather corporate, and not overly
inviting.  Squeak is pointed
squarely at the educational market, and interactive multimedia. It's
L&F should promote
that interactivity. Looking at Diego's L&F, I can't wait to mess
around with it and see what
it does.  The L&F shows the excitement and promise of the system up
front, while Windows requires considerable poking before you find
anything neat or interesting.

Diego's L&F looks like I could use it (as an adult computer
professional) as well as my
2 elementary school children (who mostly surf the web and play flash
games), as well
as my fiance, who mainly reads email and surfs news sites.

The logo might throw off some adults, who would assume they are
getting into a toy
system.. .but those are obviously optional to the L&F, and they would
be a bonus to
getting a child (or us cartoon loving adults) to mess around.