[ANN] BFAV 2.30

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Dec 3 08:02:31 UTC 2004

Hi all!

"Frank Shearar" <Frank.Shearar at rnid.org.uk> wrote:
> This announcement heralds the release of BFAV2 2.30: SqueakMap now has published releases for both Squeak 3.8 and 3.9 alpha.

Cool!

> If you tried to install BFAV today and you get an MNU about something not being able understand #Undeclared, then remove the BFAV-Installer-2.30.st from your SqueakMap cache (it should be in ./sm/cache/packages/uso29ityq9g8qmdlwolxhv/12) and try again - I only discovered a syntax error in the .st after I uploaded the file to SqueakMap, and so I deleted it and reuploaded the file).

You can also select the BFAV2 release 2.30 and do "force download into
cache" to make sure you overwrite it. :)

And btw - holy smoke - a lot of improvements!

Now, the inevitable question, "can/should/do we/you want" to move BFAV
towards being a bug tracker as well as an ENH/FIX tool? IMHO it would be
the "Squeak way" if we could have a good working solution right inside
Squeak instead of relying on Mantis or any other external solution.

It would also open up easier solutions to integrate with SM.

*If* there is such an ambition the first step would of course be to
outline what additional stuff we need in BFAV (that Mantis has) in order
for us to use it exclusively.

Anyway, it wasn't my intent to throw gazoline on the "bug tracker fire"
again, just curious.

regards, Göran