[UPDATES] 3.8 gamma and 1 update

goran.krampe at bluefish.se goran.krampe at bluefish.se
Fri Dec 3 08:07:39 UTC 2004

Hi Marcus and all!

Marcus Denker <denker at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:
> One thing we need to do is updating the in-image packages. (e.g.
> SUnit). We used to add a changset that loads the package
> via SqueakMap, but this may be no good idea with the Monticello based
> packages, as the loader for mzc that is used when
> Monticello is not present is a bit dumb (it does not delete
> methods...). So what do we do?

Ned proposed a smart solution - take an image, install Monticello,
create a new changeset (or perhaps that is done automagically), upgrade
the package in question and then save the changeset for inclusion into
the update stream. The changeset should then do the "proper" thing.

And thus we don't force Monticello into the Basic image. :) But I wonder
for how long we can do this - IMHO Monticello might be due for inclusion
in Basic.

> And then we need to put a full image together for 3.8
>
>     Marcus

regards, Göran