3.8 UI performance drop? (Partially fonts)

Lyndon Tremblay humasect at shaw.ca
Fri Dec 3 19:22:56 UTC 2004

Marcus,

> Am 03.12.2004 um 19:59 schrieb Yoshiki Ohshima:
>
> >   Lyndon,

> >> Even if these are from within the system?
> >
> >   No.  They should be brought from older image.
> >

> So then someone should do this. We have seen again two weeks
> with no action on 3.8beta. Lots of changesets on Mantis on BFAV,
> for both 3.8 and 3.9.
> No 3.8-full yet, no nothing.
>
>      Marcus

I'm trying to push myself harder and harder to get involved with effort into
Squeak. I am spending full time on it. Soon (like very soon) I can become at
least similarily proficient as the knowledgable others (veterans..) to
actually do the hard work which needs to be done. To note, I personally have
just as little obligation to do anything for Squeak (the project and
community) as anyone who is or isn't, has or hasn't, but to delegate, share,
offload, with an extra pair of hands and eyes will be umm.. too much coffee
to finish that sentence, but perhaps my picture is clear. I have aspirations
to see realised; I have chosen various projects which both apply as a
technology /and/ could very much use the stress and real use for my
purposes - which means to work on both my projects and Squeak together. I'm
sure that's natural to everyone else though, too.

lyndon ~_~