HTML documentation generator and cross reference

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Sun Dec 5 06:13:28 UTC 2004

  Aaron,

> >  I guess somebody should ask this... but if your purpose is to get
> > good cross refernces but nothing else, forget about going HTML.
> >
> >  Did you happen to notice the 'explain' menu item in the 'more...'
> > menu of code panes?  select a "word" in the pane and choose the menu.
> > It explains what it is, and even show how to get the "cross
> > references" to the thing.
>
> Thanks, but I still prefer the HTML, that is very useful though.

  Would you mind to tell my why?  Again, do you want to have a good
cross-references when you are writing code, or there is some other
requirement?

  I just wondered what would be the HTML's advantage than more live
and dynamic and language context aware "cross-referencing" features of
Squeak development tools such as 'senders', 'implementors', 'inst var
refs', 'inst var defs', and others.

-- Yoshiki