modifier duplicating/swapping

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Mon Dec 6 17:36:26 UTC 2004

On Mon, 6 Dec 2004 17:18:21 +0200 , "Lex Spoon" <lex at cc.gatech.edu>
said:

> "Joseph Frippiat" <joseph.frippiat at skynet.be> wrote:
> > I like to have ctrl-c to copy , ctrl-x to cut and ctrl-v to paste under
> > Windows.
> > But I prefer alt-s to accept change on Squeak, not ctrl-s.
> > I think it's better if the same functions are called with the same keys
> > combinations on Squeak and on the host platform.
>
> This sounds very reasonable.    All of these wishes are satisfied by
> dupMain, the proposal that is winning so far.

Actually, I'd say that dupAll is winning, not dupMain.  (Perhaps that's
what you meant to say.)  dupAll is preferred by you, me and Milan Z.  No
one has specifically said they prefer dupMain to dupAll.  (Well, I did
originally but then I changed my mind.)  A few others mentioned that
they like the dup* behavior in general, but didn't differentiate between
dupMain and dupAll.

However, someone needs to create a preference implementing dupAll (which
shouldn't be hard).  I will do this tonight if no one else beats me to
it.

- Doug

> For more details, please
> go browse through the thread starting at:
>
> 	http://lists.squeakfoundation.org/pipermail/squeak-dev/2004-December/08
> 5261.html

(which is this thread :) )

- Doug