Smalltalk class hierarchy

Yoshiki Ohshima Yoshiki.Ohshima at acm.org
Tue Dec 7 05:21:31 UTC 2004

  I wouldn't scare people that much^^;

  In regards to printing the hierachy, it is more like printing a web
site.  You usually don't print a whole site.

  Speaking of poking and prodding, I would point out that there is
nothing wrong to plan things upfront.  In situations where planning
upfront makes sense, you should do so.  The good thing about
late-bound languages is that while you can plan things upfront, you
can also poke and prod the live objects, and change the plan whenever
you want.

  To me, late-binding is not just delaying desisions; but it is to
give more options.  That allows the user to make decisions at right
time, (including a decision to revert previous decisions.)

-- Yoshiki

P.S.
Enough ranting.  Need to go back to hack a C++ system on Windows...