About a cool key mapper pakage for 3.9

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Dec 7 07:57:33 UTC 2004

On 6 déc. 04, at 15:32, Ruben Bakker wrote:

> I'd be glad to enhance eCompletion for 3.9. In fact, I'm working on an
> new release. It'll include:
>
> 1) Improved receiver guessing (including constants such as boolean,
> blocks, strings etc.).
> 2) Instance variable type guessing: I looked at the RoelTyper, but
> unfortunatly I don't understand everything as it is VW specific. To
> get to know squeak bytecodes I wrote a simple version of a guesser
> based on the idea of InstVarRefLocator and it works quite well for
> eCompletion (it doesn't need everything that Roeltyper does). I'll
> integrate with RoelTyper as it comes to Squeak.

Marcus sent me the code so I should look at it but I'm terribly busy
now.

> 3) Completion will be possible without a typing the first character.
> 4) Override completion: If you are at the first word in the source,
> You get the completion of all methods you can override. The completion
> then inserts the method with all its parameters and a super.
> 5) Assignment completion: complete and get an assignment to a new
> local variable.
> 6) TestCases, BugFixes and a first Model <-> Morph separation to
> support different UIs.
>
> Please tell me: What is a super cool completion system for you? What
> ideas are around?

I have the impression that in java you also have a lot of iti + ...
produce iterator code.
With my key bindings I added self halt and others
But I think those are at the level of the key mapper.

> I'm working with 3.7 and don't know about 3.8/3.9, yet. What's the
> difference anyway? How is eCompletion doing on this versions?

lot of bug fixes :)

Thanks anyway this is good to see Squeak IDE moving again.
Stef