Smalltalk class heirachy

Trygve Reenskaug trygver at ifi.uio.no
Tue Dec 7 17:17:47 UTC 2004

At 07.12.2004 08:50, John wrote:

>So what intrigues me about Squeak is that of all the tools / languages
>I've ever used I think we have an enormously powerful environment in
>Squeak to build class diagrams more easily and more wonderfully than
>any other class-based language I've used. What baffles me is that no
>one has worked up a class diagraming tool by now. I mean, could this
>be more than an evening or weekend project?

The answer is YES - if you want the diagram to be part of the program
rather than a dead document (that immediately gets out of synch). I'm
working hard to do it in BabyUML. But be patient, it's not trivial (for me,
that is).

An intermediate result is an embryonic tool for drawing object structures,
including class inheritance structures. I hope to release an alpha before
the end of the year.

Cheers
--Trygve

--

Trygve Reenskaug      mailto: trygver <at> ifi.uio.no
Morgedalsvn. 5A       http://heim.ifi.uio.no/~trygver