QA in Squeak (was: Re: [Bug][Fix] Setting copy/paste-keypreference under Windowsdoesnot work)

Tim Rowledge tim at sumeru.stanford.edu
Tue Dec 7 18:33:33 UTC 2004

stéphane ducasse <ducasse at iam.unibe.ch> wrote:

> I have a question about the code of the VM. Dan and recently nathanael
> told me that the VM code was degrading. I imagine that dan also fixed a
> lot
> of the problems with the port in 64 bits. But nathanael told me that
> there
> was stuff defined in different places (I do not remember quite precisely
>   but this is not crucial for my question). Is there a discussion
> between the
> VMs maintainers to sit down and clean a bit or this is more incremental
> as nobody as time?
Nobody has bothered to mention such issues to _me_ and that makes it
seem likely that they  haven't bothered to tell (m)any of the right
people.

All it takes is email to squeak-vmdev at lists.sourceforge.net or to me,
or andreas, or ian or john etc etc to get the issue recorded. Or even a
mantis problem report.

So come people, explain the problems. Then we can see about fixing them.

tim
The whole is the sum of its parts, plus one or more bugs