[BUG] WhiskerBrowser and updating Categories' order

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Tue Dec 7 19:07:43 UTC 2004

Actually this problem is covered under the "Known bugs & limitations"
section of the changeset preamble for Whisker 1.01. :-)

"- 'update' menu does not work yet for updating added/removed toplevel
hierarchy items, such as new/deleted class categories"

Basically, it's a limitation with the Squeak hierarchy widget
(SimpleHierarchicalListMorph), it can't really update itself based on
changes in its model.  More specifically, it can't update its toplevel
items, I've gotten it to be able to update items lower in the tree.
Part of the problem is that the list of item morphs in
SimpleHierarchicalListMorph is a linked list, when it really ought to be
a tree (makes sense for a tree widget, right?)  The hierarchy widget
needs an overhaul in general.

- Doug