Squeak Wiki - hacked big time!! & continuing to be hacked

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich at info.unicaen.fr
Wed Dec 8 11:20:25 UTC 2004

stéphane ducasse wrote:
> Hi guys
>
> just to let you know that lukas is working on a brand new implementation
> of smallwiki which is seaside based and
> developed now in Squeak. So this means that in the future you will be
> able to totally and easily customize wikis with
> advanced components. We are currently thinking about the security
> policies that we would like to have.
> We plan to have advanced management tools (such as getting all the pages
> recently modified, freese versions.....)
>
> But for the immediate problem we have we do not easy answer.

Usually, the WikiSpam is only links spam in order to increase the page
ranking of sites.
One way to solve the problem, already in used by several WikiEngine is
to use a BadContent page with a list of all banned URLs for the Wiki.
The URLs banned are no more rendered and this BadContent can be shared
among several wikis.

Look at how it works in MoinMoin for example :
http://moinmoin.wikiwikiweb.de:8000/AntiSpamGlobalSolution
and its BadContent page :
http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de/BadContent

--                                                         oooo
Dr. Serge Stinckwich                                     OOOOOOOO
Université de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD               OOESUGOO
http://purl.org/net/SergeStinckwich                       oooooo
Smalltalkers do: [:it | All with: Class, (And love: it)]   \  /
                                                             ##