how to retrieve content using HttUrl

cdan at savatech.ro cdan at savatech.ro
Wed Dec 8 19:23:14 UTC 2004

Hi,

I'm very new to squeak and smalltalk, so please forgive me if I bother you
with stupid questions.

I'm tring to read some content from an HttpUrl using this code:

url := 'http://www.btrl.ro/ro/istoric.php?vid=2' asUrl.
url retrieveContents contents.

When I use this snippet from my home computer (behind a firewall) I get
the following error

'error occured retrieving http://www.btrl.ro/ro/istoric.php?vid=2: server
aborted early'

and when I debug in the HttpSocketClass>>httpGetDocument: url args: args
accept: mimeType request: requestString
it seems I get an empty response from the server after the requeast was
posted.

If I use the same code from my work computer (behind a firewall)
everything goes OK.

The links also works (from my home computer) if I access it with the
mozilla browser or from a pice of Java code.

Can anybody point me to the right way to solve this problem?

Thanks in advance.