Where are system globals (Smalltalk and SystemOrganization)

Aaron Gray angray at beeb.net
Thu Dec 9 00:11:59 UTC 2004

Boris,

Thanks alot, I realize it is going to take me quite a while before I feel
ofay with Squeak.

I have periods of time where nothing I type seems to work, particularly with
extracting stuff from the library and trying to get modified bits of code to
work.

Oh well, I will keep at it until I feel more confident. Quick tutorials via
the mailing list are good and help alot.

The main problem I seem to have with looking at code is seeing what class
certain methods are for example in :-

(Smalltalk reject: [:item | item class isMeta ])
  associationsDo: [:assoc  | Transcript show: assoc key printString; cr].

What class is key, if I look at Association I see key returns a key, but
what class is that key that printString is being applied to ?
I find this same problem over and over, is there a simple solution ? I may
have been given the answer at somepoint but cannot remember.

Thanks,

Aaron