Browser feature suggestion

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Thu Dec 9 01:26:58 UTC 2004

On Dec 8, 2004, at 7:57 PM, Aaron Gray wrote:

> It would be nice if Squeaks browsers had backwards and forwards
> buttons like on most internet browsers.

Yes, I agree that we need some way to save the current state of the
browser so that we can come back to it later. I frequently find myself
wanting to go check something and then come back to where I am.

I suspect that we don't really want to keep every point in the history
though, because that ends up being too fine grained. The useful thing
is to be able to set bookmarks at interesting points and then be able
to jump back to them.

Jon Hylands had good suggestion along these lines awhile back, and I
intend to start experimenting with adding this to OmniBrowser in the
1.1 timeframe.

Colin