[ANN][m17n] Experience report and font available

Boris Gaertner Boris.Gaertner at gmx.net
Thu Dec 9 21:30:25 UTC 2004

I reworked both the experience report and the font that I
published on my web page at Dec 03., 2004. The new stuff
replaces the old one, it is available at:

http://www.bgaertner.gmxhome.de/Sqm17n.htm

The font is now separated from the experience report
(this will facilitate future updates of the report), but you
will need both archives.

What is new:

1. Hannes Hirtzel told me that Univers is the name of a
    commercial font  and that I should avoid that name.
    He also wrote that we have a long-standing tradition
    to use geographical names and proposed  'Sofia Unicode'
    'SofiaSF', 'Sofia'. From these proposals I took  "SofijaUC".

2. Some arabic and japanese glyphs of the font that I published
    at Dec 03 were corrupted. This is due to a subtle bug in a
    method of StrikeFont that reads  *.sf2 files. That bug is
    explained in the reworked experience report
    Regrettably, I had to recreate the font.
    (Those who downloaded it will have to download it
    again; my apologies for that inconvenience, but all this
    stuff is currently only for the fearless ones.)

3. As a hopefully nice add-on, I wrote a small Glyph Browser
    that can be used to view the font "SofijaUC". For details
    please visit the above-mentioned web page.

The experience report contains some change sets that I plan
to submit as bug fixes, but I will wait two more days for
feedback.

Greetings,
Boris