QA in Squeak (was: Re: [Bug][Fix] Setting copy/paste-keypreference under Windowsdoesnot work)

Doug Way dway at mailcan.com
Fri Dec 10 05:21:48 UTC 2004

On Wednesday, December 8, 2004, at 12:06 PM, Marcus Denker wrote:

> 2) I am completely with you that certain things need real expert
> review, and I think that overall, the whole thing didn't work too bad.

I agree.

Now the question is, what is the best way to address this problem,
given the current state of the community?  Being able to categorize
bugs/fixes by area would be a pretty big help... then interested people
could keep track of VM or Compiler related changes which might be
coming up, and at least know about it if something bad was about to
slip through. ;)  (Mantis can do this reasonably.)

Having people "in charge" of various areas of Squeak is the next
logical step after that, although that's proven more difficult to get
going. (but still should be doable at some point)

- Doug