advice needed about default arguments for a method

Stéphane Rollandin lecteur at zogotounga.net
Fri Dec 10 10:13:06 UTC 2004

Ingo Hohmann wrote:
> What I've seen used in the image, is just having an easier method call
> the workhorse with its defaults, e.g.
>
> Function class>>sineAmp
>
>     ^ self sineAmp: 1 period: 1
>

> I'm not sure whether its applicable to your problem, though.

well, not quite, since I'd like to grab the method with arguments and
from it get the method with default arguments. so I would have the same
problem with your idea: how does #sineAmp:period: know that its default
implementation is #sineAmp ?

... another problem is that I want the default parameters themselves,
that is, in your example, #(1 1). having only the result of sending
#sineAmp is not enough.

regards,

Stef