A roadmap for 3.9 (Plus, [BUG][FIX] Wonderland in Squeak 3.7)

Marcus Denker denker at iam.unibe.ch
Fri Dec 10 12:31:33 UTC 2004

Am 10.12.2004 um 09:31 schrieb stéphane ducasse:

>> Wonderland is one of the really cool features in Squeak that I'd
>> really miss if someone forced me to use VW or Dolphin.  In my
>> opinion, a developer making deep changes to a large system has a
>> responsibility

Another thing to keep in mind that wonderland is "just one of the many"
experiments that have been done whose lessons will be
feed into Croquet at some point (e.g. have a look at another prototype
much in the spirit of Wonderland:
http://isgwww.cs.uni-magdeburg.de/games/projekte/kindervorlesung/
jive.html

I don't think that wonderland as an artifact (as opposed to an idea) is
actively maintained by it's creators at this time.

It is too much to be asked from a community to keep alive all abandoned
experiments of the past.

         Marcus