A roadmap for 3.9

Bryce Kampjes bryce at kampjes.demon.co.uk
Fri Dec 10 22:12:32 UTC 2004

Lyndon Tremblay writes:
 > This all sounds quite tasty. It is mentioned in the closure compiler
 > documents that switching the preference to use the old-style compiler is
 > needed when Etoys is invoked. Will this be done automatically for official
 > image? For System-stuff you mentioned, how about SmaCC? Exupery I'm not sure
 > on useable status for any inclusion. Services need to be fixed up for latest
 > Squeak. (They won't install based on two reports, first being a conflict
 > with KomServices IIRC)

Exupery is not ready for inclusion in the image. It is ready for
some people to play with it. Currently you need a custom VM and
it only works on Linux for x86s.

I'd rather get the hooks included in the VM first. But they haven't
yet stablised. I suspect they'll change a little when I start working
on speeding up sends. So that should wait too.

Bryce