Beginner question

Colin Putney cputney at wiresong.ca
Sat Dec 11 15:52:47 UTC 2004

J. T. Auteiri wrote:

> Thus I would like to learn Squeak, but more specificaly, I would like to
> learn configuration management in Squeak (I already like the language).
> Can someone help me out in this endeavor?

Hi Jerry,

Have a look at Monticello. It's a package available on SqueakMap (world
menu -> open -> SqueakMap Package Loader). If you define your packages
using the PackageInfo conventions
(http://www.beta4.com/squeak/aubergines/docs/packageinfo.html), you can
then version them with Monticello.

The Monticello wiki is here: http://www.wiresong.ca/Monticello/
See the UserManual in particular. It has a tutorial that will get you
started.

There's also a mailing list where you can ask questions.