[BUG] [FIX] [ENH] StarMorph bug prevents handling extra points.

Peace Jerome peace_the_dreamer at yahoo.com
Sun Dec 12 02:17:02 UTC 2004

Mantis:# 0000652: [Bug][Fix][Enh] StarMorph has a bug
which prevents it from handling extra points.

Actually there are three bugs.
1) The outer handle jumps around unexpectedly.
To reproduce. Get a starMorph. Drag and rotate with
the outer handle.
Release the handle. The handle will usual jump to
another point.
2) The redrawing routine that is used by outer handle
draging would truncate to an integer number of
degrees. This works ok when the number of sides evenly
divides 360 but not other wise. Worse it does this
truncation twice //nPoints//2.
3) The center handle is infront of the outer handle.
So if you move the outer handle over the center and
release it the center handle will block you from ever
picking it up again and leave you with a pretty
useless small star.

The attached enhancement fixes these bugs; allows the
user to adjust the pointiness of each star. And
provides menu items for increasing the number of
points or sides. It allows all types of stars and
regular polygons to be created.

And just because we think squeak is grand and we like
you. You also get a class comment fully explaining the
new (and old) features.  And as an added extra bonus
it runs a bit faster in real time too. Now can I get
someones help in getting this into 3.9a?

Attached is the gzip cs.
Also attached is screen shot of a PlayWithMe project
for it.

Thanks.
Yours in Service, --Jer