[newbie]Howto uninstall a package? How to extend a Class?

Alejandro F. Reimondo aleReimondo at smalltalking.net
Mon Dec 13 09:41:41 UTC 2004

Hi,

> How to extend a class in my namespace
> and let the original class and the rest
> of the system unchanged and even not
> knowing any changes?

Save your image before doing changes.
Smalltalk, as an instance of open system does not have any compromise with
the past of itself (non-reversible state).
You MUST make changes in the system without compromising it¡äs stability.

Learning to make changes without compromising a system stability is the
point in virtual object ambiences (like smalltalk and other
ecological/social ambiences).
Smalltalk is a proper medium to learn to build software using not only
reduction and formalization.

Evolution emerges as an observation of the preservation of  stability of an
open system through time. Evolution is NOT the result of sucesive changes
and can¡ät be planned.

If you forces yor ambience to be reversible you obtain a closed system
(closed in time), and in a closed system evolution does not emerges; because
any change defines ANOTHER closed system and stability through time can¡ät
be used as a guaranty of future stability.

cheers,
Ale.

> How to uninstall a package installed by using SM? I find I just need one
of the completion enhancing packages but I've installed two.

----