[Q] A new attempt to create a Squeak Test Server + Image Fingerprints

David T. Lewis lewis at mail.msen.com
Mon Dec 13 14:47:50 UTC 2004

On Mon, Dec 13, 2004 at 12:46:14PM +0100, Markus Gaelli wrote:
> Hi Hannes,
>
> > Yes, today for example this would be
> >
> > ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.8beta/Squeak3.8g-6527.zip
> >
> > and
> >
> > ftp://st.cs.uiuc.edu/pub/Smalltalk/Squeak/3.9alpha/Squeak3.9a-6532.zip
> >
> Ok.
> >

> >> Big thanks goes to Daniel Vainsencher, who installed it, and made
> >> work the first time! But somehow university got both of us distracted
> >> again...
> >
> > I see. So where is the server and the last emails which were sent out?
> >
> He installed it on some machine in Israel :-) using some scheme-shell
> script. I am very bad with shell scripts so I actually tried to fork
> the images using OSProcess, but as this was not ready for prime time
> for OS-X the last time I tried, I was ending up trying to build some
> VMs for Mac with OSProcess included.
> Though we did some progress with the help of David T Lewis, Ian
> Piumarta and John McIntosh, I am actually not sure, on which Mac-VM
> OSProcess is running now, with which features of OSProcess included and
> which missing. David, John, Ian?

Hi Markus,

I have heard rumors to the effect that OSProcess "mostly" works on OS-X,
thanks to help from you and a few other folks.

I don't know exactly which primitives work and which do not, but most
likely everything that is not related to X window will work. I am not
certain whether forking a headless Squeak for running tests will work
on OS-X at the moment.

Dave