[Seaside] Re: hosting Seaside apps

Cees de Groot cg at cdegroot.com
Mon Dec 13 23:44:06 UTC 2004

On Mon, 13 Dec 2004 13:13:00 -0600, Ken Causey <ken at kencausey.com> wrote:

> On a related note I expect any prospective hosting company providing an
> inexpensive service would appreciate a standardized custom Seaside image
> that provides the desired functionality with minimal RAM usage.

Make that minimal CPU usage :-). Squeak server images and the virtual
machine have a tendency to eat cycles...

> Of course on a shared server shared memory should help and perhaps some
> statistics on this would be useful.

Hmm...

lnx-4:~# free
Mem:       1033536     994216      39320          0       5072     888740
-/+ buffers/cache:     100404     933132
Swap:      2000084      51996    1948088

This machine is currently running 11 UML machines (among them the Squeak
Foundation machine). Memory is not a very big problem...