A number of questions

John M McIntosh johnmci at smalltalkconsulting.com
Tue Dec 14 07:20:10 UTC 2004

On Dec 13, 2004, at 10:03 PM, Michael Latta wrote:

> Tim, thanks.
> It is not clear from the discussions when a new VM version is
> released, only image versioning.  I assume (possibly a problem) that
> new VM versions are being developed at least to some degree.

If you look in the list archives for messages with subject lines of the
form: "Pending mac carbon vm 3.7.5Beta3"
You find lots of announcements of mac VM being released for testing
(along with instructions where to download).
Then usually with a day or two if there are no problems reported the VM
is bundled on the official download sites.

Lately I have added an "experimental" directory on my site to
distribute VMs that may not become part of the normal distribution
because we are testing new things
and looking for feedback. Right now I offer the TweakFfenestri VM &
image (Squeak 3.8.5Beta1.app.sit) , or the Garbage Collection
instrumented VM (same...).

===