basic vs full image

Hannes Hirzel hirzel at spw.unizh.ch
Tue Dec 14 14:22:27 UTC 2004

Hi

The valuable post by Wolfgang prompts me to ask about the status of the
integration of full:

1) Who is using 3.8 full (i.e. has loaded all the necessary
    official and other packages)?

2a) Is somebody working on the assembler script for 3.8 full?
2b) Has somebody a tentative script for creating a minimal 3.8 image?

3) Where is the most recent list of the 'official' packages?
    Is the list up to date? Probably not. Could somebody who
    knows about this better than I update it please?
    Probably we have to update and enlarge that list as in the
    meantime new interesting stuff was made which we want to work with
    3.8.

4) What are the problems with 3.8 full?
    (That 3DBallon/Wonderland does not load / work obviously as we heard
     in another thread in extenso, but are there other issues?).

I myself have limited my work to 3.8 base the last three weeks but still
I could do some (manual) integration testing. But in fact I welcome the
effort of Marcus Gaelli to establish again a test server.

To summarize: We need a 3.8 full script and more people working in the
full image giving feedback and fixing the code which is not working.

Hannes