MC in basic

stéphane ducasse ducasse at iam.unibe.ch
Tue Dec 14 18:07:00 UTC 2004

Hi john

> This is true unless you're using dynamic syntax coloring. I don't know
> if
> the parser or the code generator is the slow part, but I would hate to
> see
> something like Shout, which is already almost too slow to be usable,
> become
> a lot slower.

So may be you should also try to help then! Contact marcus and ask him
how to help.
I can tell you that all these constraints will simply lead to the fact
that he will keep all his
good stuff for him and we will get stuck with a fast but bad compiler
(which may be ok).
So if we do not try and do not help how can we make progress. Of course
in the compiler
is too slow then we will try to  speed up or not use it.

Stef

http://www.iam.unibe.ch/~ducasse/
"Sometimes I feel like a pig" [SCRUM methodology]