Copy to clipboard based Speach ( was Squeak Accessibility for the blind )

Thomas A Petersen tpeterse at csc.com
Tue Dec 14 19:32:06 UTC 2004

Hannes, et al,

The text to clipboard based speach algorithm is simple,

Try executing:

Clipboard clipboardText: 'This is a test of the clipbord based text to
speach system.'.

in a 3.7 or 3.8 image workspace.  I'm pretty sure it works in 3.6 and 3.9
as well.
I don't have any of those images to double check with at the moment.  I had
recover the snipit since I haven't used it in a while.

If you don't have a clipboard based text to speach system, open your
favorite non-squeak text editor and do a paste right after executing
the line shown above.  The result should be

This is a test of the clipbord based text to speach system.

I know this is getting old (like me), but Squeak is cool!
tap

P.S.  Stef, did you get the bitmaps.  Our mail system is a bit goofy.
Please reply to tpeterse at csc.com to keep excess traffic off of the list.

P.P.S. Marcus,  Good luck on your studies.  You will be missed.
I look forward to reading things from Dr Marcus Denker in the
future.