ERROR 'server aborted early'

Dan Corneanu cdan at savatech.ro
Wed Dec 15 07:53:24 UTC 2004

I've made some tests (with telnet and ethereal) and found out that if I change the
HTTPSocket class>>httpGetDocument: args: accept: request: to not use
the port in the GET requeast (Host: www.btrl.ro instead of Host: www.btrl.ro:80)

sock sendCommand: 'GET ' , page , ' HTTP/1.0' , CrLf
					, (mimeType
							ifNil: ['']
							ifNotNil: ['ACCEPT: ' , mimeType , CrLf]) , 'ACCEPT:
			text/html' , CrLf , HTTPBlabEmail , requestString , self
userAgentString , CrLf , 'Host: ' , serverName , CrLf.

it works ok. This is strange because I do not have this problem from my
work network, only from home. From my work network I get the content using both
approaches (with / without port number). Could it be that at work I go through a proxy that is also
a HTTP cache? and maybe it changes my HTTP requests in some way before passing them by ...

Thanks