fixes to squeakmap/squeakpeople packages

Ingo Hohmann iho at gmx.de
Wed Dec 15 09:10:54 UTC 2004

Hi All,

I just downloaded Testbrowser into a 3.9a-6523 image, and updated the
calls to deprecated methods.

Now, how do I proceed?

Testbrowser is handled with monticello, so I could send an updated mcz
to one of the maintainers, but emailing an mcz for 3 changed methods
looks like overkill to me.

I guess that I'm not the only/first one having done this, so I guess
much of this effort gets lost, it would be nice to have a central point
for managing thing like this, my ideas so far:

- an "incoming" directory on squeaksource, where anyone can dump updated
packages, which will then be somehow forwarded to the package provider.

- a central "fixes" mailing list, which essentially does the same.

Now you could argue, that it is easy enough to do as it is, but history
tells you that people are lazy as hell, so every additional step stops
some people from doing it.

Ingo