Help: cannot play with LiveWeb

John Pierce john.raymond.pierce at gmail.com
Wed Dec 15 21:15:21 UTC 2004

> I got the following errors:
>
> 1) When I do WACounter new openInBrowserWindow, sometimes I received this
> message in a window:
>
> Server Error
> MessageNotUnderstood:
> String>>surroundedByParentheses  The
> session is dead at this point and you need
> to reset your session manually!

Yeah -- dummy me.  I was using a helper method on String that I have
in another package that surrounded the string with parentheses (Core).
 I removed that dependency.  So the newest version on SaltyPickle
SqueakSource should be good to go (LiveWeb-jrp.53).

> 2) When I was clicking on ++ in a WACounter windows, I also received an HTTP
> 500 Internal server error.

This probably was caused by the "session being dead" as you reported
in #1 above.  If not, let me know, but I'd be surprised if it wasn't
related.  Once the "session is dead" pretty much any callbacks are not
going to work (including postbacks).

Regards,

John

--
It is not because things are difficult that we do not dare, it is
because we do not dare that they are difficult. -- Seneca