OSProcess and 3.9 - was RE: update 6532 MNU

Stoffel, Andrew andrew.stoffel at jenzabar.net
Thu Dec 16 17:02:50 UTC 2004

From: Stoffel, Andrew

> > From: stéphane ducasse
> > in 3.9 the preferences to show deprecation method has been turn on so
> > that people can fix their code.
> > So this is normal

> Okay. I'm sure that was announced somewhere and I just missed it. :-).
> (I would have preferred that setting that preference had been an
> option when going to 3.9 but it is a little bit late for that now.)

> If I figure out OSProcess I'll pass along what I changed...

So far...

It looks like (In OSProcess-Base and OSPRocess-CommandShell) it uses:

 SystemDictionary>>>osVersion
 SystemDictionary>>>getSystemAttributes
 SystemDictionary>>>platformName

which I believe can be replaced in 3.9 by ->

  SmalltalkImage current osVersion
  SmalltalkImage current getSystemAttributes
  SmalltalkImage current platformName

Now I just need to figure out how to correctly turn it into a
changeset... and send it to the correct person...
(Dave Lewis?) assuming they/he are/is interested.

And then... I'm wondering about the "Hex" deprecation warnings I was getting
when I tried to look at a zip file using FileList... but that didn't look as

simple.

-Andy-