Wonderland was: ( [FIX] [3.6] PoohSubdivisionCreationFix-nk)

Jochen Riekhof jochen at riekhof.de
Thu Dec 16 19:12:37 UTC 2004

Hi...

as I do not use Squeak or read all the messages in this list every day,
please bear with me I  ask questions about obvious things. I read the
following:

 >>True, I haven't added an UI for that yet. But I can transfer the package
 >>to someone else for you using my little admin UI. So... what does this
 >>mean? You are not interested in maintaining Balloon3D anymore?
 >Yes.
 >>So Croquet is forking off or something? Or am I missing something?
 >No, just cutting a few loose ends. Consider it an orderly
down-stepping from my position.

and, well I have to say that I am a bit concerned about this. When I got
it right,  Andreas is now engaged with the Croquet  fork of Squeak and
so has no time to support Balloon3D/Wonderland anymore?
Fortunately I saw Balloon3D as well as Wonderland in the actual Croquet
version; I say fortunately because I found these both to be outstanding
features of the  "Vanilla Squeak" branch.
So is Balloon3D/Wonderland going to be maintained and improved by
someone  in the future, or is it going to slowly die? Is there any
replacement in Croquet that allows for equally easy creation and
manipulation of 3D scenes? I understood that Croquet is much more high
level a framework and more aimed at putting up communication worlds quickly.

Ciao

...Jochen