JIT?

Michael Latta lattam at mac.com
Thu Dec 16 21:37:12 UTC 2004

This brings up something I was thinking about recently.  Is it kosher
to charge for enhancements to Squeak?  Even if you adhere to the letter
of the license, is it socially acceptable to this community.  What if
the next release of MC cost $5, what if a JIT cost $25.  By the time
you purchased various pieces you would be into real money.  On the
other hand money motivates.  But, given all the work already placed in
Squeak, can the late-comers ask for money given what they are receiving
already there in the community?  Many contributions may come from
funded research, where this is not an issue.  I would like to know what
some old and new members think.

Michael