[DOC][3.8g][Morphic][m17n] Unicode True Type font example (was Re: internationalisation of squeak: Bitmap font SofijaUC)

Yoshiki Ohshima yoshiki at squeakland.org
Fri Dec 17 14:26:36 UTC 2004

  Hannes,

> > ------------------------
> > First, this wasn't the problem I introduced^^;
> >
> > Second, the do-it is wrong, since
> >
> >      #(12, 18, 24, 36, 60)
> >
> > doesn't result in a 5-element array, but 9-element array with four #,'s.
>

> I do not understand what this means. I have now Verdana of font size up
> to 36 in my 3.8g image be using the general command (see below)

  The argument:

#(12, 18, 24, 36, 60)

is in wrong syntax.  You don't need $, in a literal array.

> But I would like to have as well the point sizes 48, 60, 72 and 90. What
> do I have to do?

  There are two different ways to bring a TrueType font into the
system.  The one you used in the bug report is the older one, but I
don't know if it is tested in these days.  At least, the line:

TTCFontReader encodingTag: Latin1Environment leadingChar.

doesn't have anything to do with installTTF:#asTextStyle:sizes:.

> > Third, if you define #pixelSize: at StrikeFont that is identical to the TTCFont one,
> >
> > pixelSize: aNumber
> >     "Make sure that we don't return a Fraction"
> >     self pointSize: (TextStyle pixelsToPoints: aNumber) rounded.
> >
> > it runs.
>
> This explanation is too terse for me.

  What I meant was defining #pixelSize at StrikeFont solves the MNU
part of the problem.

> This works excellent. In a pristine 3.8gamma-6527 I did do the following
> with success:

  Good!

-- Yoshiki