Off topic: Education

Frank Caggiano frankcag at crystal-objects.com
Fri Dec 17 15:01:19 UTC 2004

On Dec 16, 2004, at 21:30, Jeffrey T. Read wrote:

> One of the big problems is that the cachet becomes more important than
> the knowledge the cachet is supposed to represent, a variant of the
> old branding problem: I could have a 200 IQ but still won't get the
> respect (or the job) someone with a Harvard degree gets.

Of course having a 200 IQ has nothing to do with the respect a person
deserves or gets. Same goes for a a Harvard degree.  Ditto for the
Harvard degree.

regards
Frank Caggiano
frankcag at crystal-objects dot com
http://www.crystal-objects.com

The best education for the best is the best education for all.
					Robert Maynard Hutchins