WTF!?!?! -- CRITICAL USABILITY PROBLEM!!!

Alan Grimes alangrimes at starpower.net
Mon Dec 20 00:26:42 UTC 2004

For a year+ now I have been looking for the functionality to open a
world within another world for my AI project... I've made altogeather
far too many postings on the subject....

Just now I, after hunting through yet another Project-related object
found this "Easter egg" -- Whoever thought of making this critical
functionality an "Easter egg" should be banned from making future
contributions to the mainline immage even if it turns out to be AC
himself...

The secret, and it really is a secret, is to click on a project view as
if you were thinking about opening it and, instead, just hold your
finger down on the button for the next twenty minutes... A menu will
eventually appear that lets you do all kinds of strange and amazing
things!!! -- I bet 9/10ths of you never knew that...

Years ago, slashdot linked to an article about usability snafoos, I
thought it was going to be an article about vi, instead it listed a
bunch of software products with deficient usability. One of those was
SimCity for having a similar "feature" with regards to selecting types
of road and such....

I think I'll go look up that site and submit Squeak. =\