[ANN] New keymapping on SqueakMap

Avi Bryant avi.bryant at gmail.com
Mon Dec 20 15:43:15 UTC 2004

On Mon, 20 Dec 2004 11:24:38 +0100, Romain Robbes
<romain.robbes at lu.unisi.ch> wrote:

> I already envisioned to customize buttons in the browser for example,
> but the old browser is a bit of a mess to do that
> (even if I did some refactoring when I issued the first version of
> BrowseUnit).

Guys, isn't that the point of OmniBrowser?  I'm not sure how
worthwhile it is at this point to try to do anything with the old
system browsers.  It's significantly easier, in my experience, to
extend OB, and I don't think it's unreasonable to simply decree that
Services (or eCompletion, or Shout, etc) will only apply to
OmniBrowser and the old browsers will continue to work as they always
have.  Speaking purely as a user of those various packages, I would
much rather see a well designed, well integrated set of tools that
required OB, than a mishmash of over-generalized packages that try to
be everything to everybody.

My EUR 0.02 (which is, what, about 7 american dollars these days?)
Avi