JIT?

Mark A. Schwenk mas at wellthot.com
Mon Dec 20 18:45:00 UTC 2004

On Thu, 2004-12-16 at 17:35 +0000, Bryce Kampjes wrote:
> I'm working on a JIT like project called Exupery. Currently it's 10%
> slower than VW for the bytecode benchmark. Hopefully it will be faster
> in about a month. (VW is much faster for sends but I haven't yet
> started optimising them.)
> It's just a lot of work and there are only so many weekends per
> week. With funding work would go a lot faster.

Perhaps I should begin testing this for my applications. I still plan to
make good on my pledge of $1000 to speed up Squeak by a factor of 6 or
more from Squeak 3.2 performance levels--this offer was buried in the
Squeak for Documentation page at
      http://minnow.cc.gatech.edu/squeak/2653
--
Mark A. Schwenk <mas at wellthot.com>